Wondering how to spend this Independence Day with your significant other? We put together the ultimate list of 4th of July Date ideas that you can do with your partner to achieve your holiday couple goals!
1. Dress up in some patriotic attire - Pull out your best red, white, and blue apparel and do a quick photo shoot together. For bonus points, get some sparklers in the picture too!
2. Plan a Picnic - Pack a blanket and a basket of your favorite drinks, snacks, and desserts and head to the closest park to celebrate the day together. Put together a summer playlist to help get you into the holiday spirit.
3. Host a BBQ - Feeling a little more social than just a picnic for two? Invite your friends to share in the day with you by cooking up some 4th of July classics (hello hotdogs and hamburgers), don’t forget to lay out a nice veggie spread too!
4. Make a holiday themed breakfast - More of a breakfast person? Us too, and breakfast allows you to get really creative with the colors. Make a red, white, and blue yogurt parfait using strawberries, blueberries, and shredded coconut. If you’re really hungry, make some blueberry pancakes and top it off with some strawberries and syrup!
5. Escape the noise - Not a huge fireworks fan? That’s ok, the long holiday weekend is a perfect time to get away for some quality 1:1 time. Find a nearby bed and breakfast or campsite that you can visit for a nice, quiet weekend together.
6. Plan a Movie Night - If all of the above makes you feel tired just reading it, then this one is perfect for you. Watch a movie that will get you into the holiday spirit without the effort of leaving your house. We recommend Independence Day or the Captain America series.
7. Subscribe to coBlossom RelationTips - If you want ideas to do for the 4th of July and beyond, you can sign up to our daily relationship text message series here. We provide daily date ideas, couples activities, relationship tips and more straight to your phone!
Let us know if you do any of the date ideas above for the holiday. And don’t forget to tag us @coblossom in your 4th of July date pic on Instagram.
Looking for an exciting way to continue growing your relationship? Busy but want some quick date ideas or activities that you can do with your partner? coBlossom is a new, fun app for couples that offers flexible minigames designed for busy couples, providing positive boosts to your relationship each day. Couples will benefit from building healthy relationship habits to achieve their couple goals!